Friday 23 October 2015

Ben & Jerry's Cinnamon Buns

I've been eagerly awaiting the new Cinnamon Buns flavour Ben & Jerry's ice cream since I heard a rumour on the grapevine about it's UK release a couple of months back. My anticipation mounted when it was released a couple of weeks ago and I read both Reaching for Refreshment's and One Treat's reviews singing B&J's praises; however being the cheapskate student I am, I've bided by time and waited for it to come on offer. Thankfully my wait is now over as ASDA have started a half price offer across the entire range! Hallelujah!


More specifically this dessert is 'caramel ice cream with a cinnamon swirl and chunks of cinnamon bun dough.' Ben and Jerry's I could kiss you! Cinnamon,  buns, and caramel in ice cream? That's 4 of my favourite foods combined right there- wowzers. It's been a long time since I've been this excited about ice cream, and that's saying something!

When I removed the lid of the B&J I could see the lovely chunks of bun dotted across the top which are of decent size as both R4R and 1treat also noted. The ice cream was lovely and soft, making it easy to scoop into a cone. It was lovely and creamy to taste, and the cinnamon was powerful throughout. I found it slightly overpowered the caramel flavour, but rather than rendering it unpleasant reminded me of lotus biscoff biscuits. The cinnamon swirl didn't alter the taste very much but added a grainy texture which I haven't made up my mind about. The bun nuggets naughtily tasted like raw cinnamon cookie dough which served to enhance the ice cream even more.


I enjoyed this Ben & Jerry's but I found it extremely sweet- two scoops was plenty. I'd  have this ice cream again, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it. I definitely prefer their 'Baked Alaska' which sadly seems to have disappeared from supermarket shelves.

7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment