Thursday 22 October 2015

New Limited Edition Apple Strudel Müller Light

Yesterday was national apple day; although I can't say that was the reason I bought these new Apple Strudel yoghurts. I like that Müller are an innovative brand, who don't rest on he laurels of their star flavours, but who continue to create and produce a variety of different products every year. 



I reviewed their other new Autumn limited edition 'light' yogurt last week- Key Lime Pie- but as a dessert Apple Strudel is much more my cup of tea. I love the traditional warming puddings that return to our dinner tables at this time of year; especially anything with Apple and/or cinnamon in. Producing a limited edition flavour that reflects both the time of year and this general shift in eating preferences seems like a a sensible idea to me. I read nibbles 'n' scribbles review a couple of days ago and her opinion was that  'if you like apple strudel you should definitely try this' which definitely made me all the more eager to try it for myself.

The first thing I noticed when peeling back the lid was the plentiful chunks of apple and cinnamon speckles that permeated the yoghurt. The yoghurt was runnier than I like, but akin to all the other flavours in this range. The chunks were substantial, and had a decent bite which then melted in the mouth. The cinnamon came through strongly but in a pleasantly sweet and warming way. 



As nibs also noted, there is no pastry in this yoghurt, so yet again Müller have been rather misleading in their product name, although not quite to the same extent that I think they are with their Key Lime Pie limited edition. 


I really enjoyed this yoghurt, and I think that yet again Müller have nailed creating a fairly luxurious tasting product without all of the associated fat or calories. I'd recommend it for any fans of Apple and cinnamon, and I'll be certainly buying more before Müller discontinue it to produce a new hybrid... Sticky toffee pudding or mince pie maybe? I sure hope so! 


7/10





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention treacle. It really is let down by the non pastry element. Xx

    ReplyDelete