Friday 18 March 2016

Bud's Best Butterfinger Cookies (American Fizz)

Ok, so I mentioned the other day that I've been Reese's loyal until only recently, so it may (or may not) come as a surprise to you that I've never tasted a Nestle Butterfinger bar. They even sell them in our local Tesco! I could use the excuse that they're much dearer than Reese's peanut butter cups, but in all honesty I've just not really got round to buying one. It was only the reduced price of these Bud's Best Butterfinger cookies on American Fizz' website that tempted me into a purchasing a bag, and at £1.19 per pack I knew it was an opportunity I'd regret not taking.



Like the Peanut Butter Pop Tarts the cookies were out of date, but again it didn't phase me, after all what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, eh? The bag was larger than I expected it to be -at 170g- and contained 6 (rather small) servings of 6 cookies. 

The moment I opened the pack, I was greeted with a comforting caramel-like aroma that smelt rather homely -although I couldn't explain why! The cookies weren't as uniform as most mass-produced cookies (none of the uniform ripples of Go Ahead's cookie bites here!) but it was in keeping with the home-spun story of Bud's cookies that I read about on the back of the bag. 



The butteryness was immediately evident with my first bite; reminiscent of shortbread in both flavour and texture. The peanut butter was delicate and well balanced against the biscuit, with the occasional addition of tiny pockets of chocolate. So delicious were they, that they weren't even subjected to a swift dip in my coffee (I'm normally a dedicated dunker), just so that I could savour every nibble.

Bud's Best Butterfinger Cookies. I wouldn't have normally looked twice, but I'm so glad I did. I highly recommend that if you're a peanut butter lover that you head on over to American Fizz's website and buy yourself a bag whilst they're such a steal! In the mean time, I think a bar of Butterfinger in Tesco might just call to me!

9/10


No comments:

Post a Comment