Saturday 5 March 2016

NEW! Honey Blossom Macchiato at Starbucks

I don't regularly review drinks, but I thought I'd make an exception for the new Starbucks Honey Blossom Macchiato. It's not often that I visit Starbucks (purely for monetary reasons) but when I fancy a treat (or I'm in dire need of caffeine and sugar at Uni) then their Caramel Macchiato is my coffee of choice.

Starbucks have recently added two new Macchiato flavours to their menu: Honey Blossom & Vanilla Bean. Both sounded right up my alley, but as I'm finally seeing off the lingering remnants of flu, I decided that the Honey version would do my throat more good.

'Starbucks® is now offering another edition of the signature Macchiato: inspired by natural ingredients the Honey Blossom Macchiato combines the sweet honey flavor with vanilla and coffee.'




Luckily the Barista must've heard my feeble coughing, because he slathered my drink in Honey Sauce. I say it was lucky, because the moment the froth reached my lips I was met with the rich comforting sweetness. The foam top was fluffy and sweet, which worked well with the bitter coffee beneath. I couldn't taste much honey in the drink itself, until I reached the bottom -where I discovered a pool of distinctly flavoured coffee. 




(Check out that drizzle!)

I enjoyed the new Honey Blossom Macchiato, and it makes a welcome change to the original Caramel version. Some may find the taste too sweet, but it's no more so than the Caramel Macchiato, and I appreciated the honey's more natural flavour. 


I'll look forward to my next Starbucks treat, when no doubt I'll try the new Vanilla Bean Macchiato!

8/10

2 comments:

  1. Yum I love macchiatos - I can't wait to try them. Think I'll be opting for the vanilla bean variety first.

    ReplyDelete