Wednesday 27 April 2016

NEW! Müllerlight Copacabana: Passionfruit Orange & Lime Yogurt

It's been a while since I last reviewed a Müllerlight yogurt. The last one I wrote about was the divisive peanut & caramel one that I just couldn't get along with. I don't buy them very often but when Richard told me about the new Copacabana edition on Twitter, I was intrigued. Orange, passionfruit and lime isn't a flavour mix that I'd think of when it comes to yogurt, and I have to admit that it didn't sound particularly appealing either.



So why did I buy it? Well, the new Müllerlight kept playing on my mind for some reason, and when I was filling my basket with the 12 for £3 Müller promotion at ASDA I thought of no good reason to resist sampling it.



The yogurt was an insipid pale yellow, flecked with orange bits reminiscent of the zest you might come across in real orange juice. A lovely tropical scent hit my nostrils the moment the lid was peeled however, and I started to feel slightly less dubious about the new Müllerlight.

Well, this new Copacabama yogurt was an unexpected slice of sunshine! Shutting my eyes and ignoring the sound of the hail on the windows, I might be forgiven for thinking I was in sunnier climes. I had wrongly assumed that the citrus flavours would trounce the more delicate passionfruit, and they would be overcome still by the sickly artificial taste of Aspartame. Instead the symphony of tropical fruits were well balanced and rather refreshing. Yummy. 

What a lovely suprise Müller. I might not think that your new Gold corner or Chocolate & Caramel rice pot is up to scratch, but the new Copacabama Müllerlights is the perfect summer yogurt. 

Thank you Richard for bringing it to my attention!

8/10

3 comments:

  1. Hi, found your blog and love the regular reviews, but in this case it's Copacablancs not Casablanca..(I know I'm one of those pedants)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you so much for pointing that out. What a wally I am, no wonder why it didn't taste of Morrocco! Please feel free to point out errors :). Pleased to hear that you love the reviews too. x

      Delete
    2. *Finally* managed to amend the post! Thanks again :) xx

      Delete