Sunday 17 July 2016

Getbuzzing Banana Nut Free Flapjack (Holland & Barrett)

Hey stranger! If you regularly read this blog I just want to apologise for my lack of posts recently. My life has changed a lot of late (in a very good way!) and I just don't have enough hours in the day any more. So the posts won't be daily, but I'll still review as often as I can -promise!

Anyway, I bought this Banana Nut Free Flapjack from Holland & Barrett as part of the huge order I placed on a whim when desperately trying to track down the Bombay Firecracker Roasted Chickpeas. It appealed to me because I'm going through somewhat of a flapjack craze at the moment, and I'd already been tempted by them on a number of occasions in Waitrose. Somehow they had never made their way into my basket, so I seized the opportunity and bought one whilst on my H&B shopping spree!


So who are Getbuzzing? 
"Here at Getbuzzing, a family run business, we started making 100% Natural flapjacks to offer people snacks that are genuinely healthy and actually taste good. In 2009 we launched our range of 100% Natural Nut Free Getbuzzing flapjacks, which are a fantastic choice for those who want to look and feel good no matter what their busy lifestyles bring."
They also promise to go to extraordinary lengths to ensure that all of their products are completely nut free -good news if you suffer from allergies. Getbuzzing flapjacks are also 100% Natural, completely free of any artificial colourings, flavourings, preservatives or additives and are suitable for Vegetarians. Sounds good to me! 


The 62g bar smelt delicious; a fruity, almost tropical aroma emanated as soon as the wrapper was peeled back. I prefer flapjacks to be on the gooey, moist side and fortunately Getbuzzing must agree with me. The oats were fused together with the traditional golden syrup and butter mixture, resulting in an comfortingly sweet, soft and chewy bar. Banana and apricot injected an abundance of extra flavour into the fold. What more can I say? It was utterly scrumptious! 

I'm mightily impressed with the Getbuzzing banana flapjack. The trouble is, now my curiosity has been piqued by the discovery that the company also makes protein bars... 

9/10

1 comment: