Friday 2 September 2016

NEW! Cadbury Dairy Milk Toffee Whole Nut 43g (WHSmith)

Way back in March, a line of 'new' massive 300g bars cropped up in Cadbury's expansive range under the 'Big Taste' branding. If it wasn't for B&M selling the Toffee Ganznuss (check out One Treat's review here) it might not have been quite so bleeding obvious that Cadbury's new owners Mondelez had just transplanted some of their existing Milka lines into our British chocolate. I wasn't particularly fussed on the bars at the time anyway, not least because of their size, but more because I crave different bars on different days. I guess you could say I have chocolate commitment issues. Anyway, last week I finally spotted a standard size 'Big Taste' bar in WHSmith and decided to give it a go. Both the Toffee Whole Nut and the Oreo bars were marked half price at 50p -seriously, who pays £1 for just over 40g of Cadbury Chocolate?



 "Milk chocolate with a toffee flavour filling (32%), Hazelnuts (10%) and Caramel (10%)"

The thin bar comprised of 6 little segments, which were so easy to snap that they'd already broken on the way home. I was a little taken aback when I bit into the first chunk; where was all the chocolate at? If I'm buying a Cadbury bar then I expect a decent amount of chocolate... well.. I used to anyway. What chocolate there was tasted like the inferior quality, waxier stuff that the company tends to rely on more and more -humf.  


Luckily the toffee filling and thin layer of caramel was pretty good, perhaps creamier and not as buttery as expected, but still yummy. The whole hazelnuts nestled in each segment had also retained their crunchiness, offering a welcome contrast against the otherwise smooth textures. 

I can't say that I'll be buying more of the Toffee Whole Nut bars, and I'm certainly glad that I never forked out for the giant size version. It's just not special enough Cadbury, so I'll stick to the Dairy Milk Tiffin instead ta. 

6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment