Tuesday 13 September 2016

Reeses Pieces Peanut Butter Cups (American Fizz)

Reese's should really start paying me soon for being their 24/7 walking, talking advert. Not only do I ensure that my fridge is full of Reese's peanut butter cups and/or hearts at all times but I also wear their branded pjs, use their branded pen and even have a Reese's phone case. I'm unashamedly addicted... But I don't think I want help -not yet anyway- as I'm more than happy to enjoy my regular dose of salty-sweet peanut butter heaven. It is therefore understandable that I turned green with envy earlier this year when our Stateside cousins were treated to a new variety: Reese's pieces peanut butter cups. Yes. That's right. Reese's packed full of more Reese's. I eagerly awaited their arrival onto British shores, and squealed with delight when my favourite American Food Stockists (American Fizz) started stocking them, especially at only 99p per pack too!


"REESE'S PIECES Peanut Butter Cups
You’re not dreaming. The mashup you’ve been waiting for is finally here, and it lives up to the hype. Enjoy the crunch of REESE’S PIECES Candy stuffed inside the smooth perfection of REESE’S Peanut Butter Cups. Try not to swoon."


From the outside my beloved peanut butter cups looked no different to their original compadres. My hopes crashed slightly when I sliced the first one in two though -where was all this candy stuffed peanut butter at? All I could see was a few brightly coloured sugar shells smooshed in between the orange filling. 


Taste wise, the Reeses Pieces peanut butter cups tasted almost exactly the same as the normal variety and I indulged in the super-sweet milk chocolate flavoured coating and salty filling. The only nod to the 'pieces' was an extra sweetness coming from the sugary shells -which didn't improve the flavour and only served to tip the balance into the slightly too sweet camp. 

The shells imparted a slight crunchy edge to the peanut butter, perhaps more so than the lacklustre crunchy cups. If only there were more whole pieces to be found -there was only one little Reese's button between both of the cups. 

Lovely idea, you just could have executed it better Reese's!

8/10

1 comment:

  1. How did I miss this post?!? Shame they can't seem to get these or the crunchy ones right. Xx

    ReplyDelete