Sunday 25 June 2017

Nellienoo Chocolate Malteser Malt Fudge (Online)

Do you remember me telling you about the subscription box company that celebrates the best of British independent confectioners? Well it's thanks to The Treat Collective that I came across Nellienoo fudge, and Nic's fabulous Caramac fudge (which you can find my Insta-review of here). As you can see, I was most impressed by it and so when Nic offered to send me a mystery pack of fudge this week I gladly accepted with due excitement. After all, who doesn't love a sweet surprise? 


I might've done (ok definitely did) a little jig around my kitchen when I came home to the Nellienoo parcel on Friday. Malteser fudge? My life is complete. Despite the fact that I was only home briefly before popping out for the evening I couldn't help packing a couple of pieces to take to the cinema with me. 


As with the Caramac flavour, the Malteser fudge was undeniably creamy. I hate grainy fudge (and find Scottish tablet unbearable) but this was completely smooth. In fact the fudge was more like a chocolate hybrid due to the satisfying melt that starts the minute you pop a piece in your mouth. As for the flavour, Nic has nailed that too, adding to the chocolate-fudge hybrid experience. It tasted exactly like Maltesers thanks to the malty undertone that fully complimented the chocolate flavour at the foreground. 


My one complaint about the Caramac fudge was the lack of topping, but each piece of this fudge had a single Malteser adoring it. I had wondered if they would manage to retain their crunchiness -no one wants soggy balls after all 🙈- but they were as crisp as ever, providing a wonderful textural contrast against the silken fudge. Perfection. 

If you've got a sweet tooth you must check out Nellienoo fudge's website and Facebook page. Nic's creations are all handmade, and she sells an ample selection of incredible looking fudge (all available for UK delivery). Thank you to Nic for sending me the Maltesers fudge to try. 


10/10 

That makes it a hat trick of full marks this week - this has to be some kind of blog record!

5 comments:

  1. This sounds great, despite my not really being a lover of chocolate based fudge. When I get home, the Biscoff one has my name allllll over it. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you, it sounds heavenly!

      Delete
  2. Quite tempted by this box, based on your review, although the limited window of being able to order is a bit restrictive as i think ill forget when the window actually opens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have Facebook? If so, I think it may be worth following Nellienoo on there as it's updated regularly and may serve as a good reminder!

      Delete
    2. thanks, good idea! I just ordered some stuff from Candy Hero so maybe in a little while haha

      Delete