Monday 5 June 2017

Reflex Nutrition Chocolate 3D Protein & Mug Cake Recipe (CNSport)

I've been gradually getting to grips with the different types and brands of protein powders on the market. There's one brand than I feel I can undoubtedly trust to deliver high quality, and that is Reflex Nutrition. For those of you who aren't convinced, hopefully the knowledge that their powders are made at their dedicated Science Park facility here in the U.K and that every batch is tested might go some may to persuade you that nutritional excellence is at the very heart of Reflex's ethos.


 This time I'm reviewing their 3D protein, which is 'the only time-release protein powder to contain Native Whey Protein, Micellar Casein and Egg White Protein in the world' in a 45:45:10 ratio. It's designed to deliver a comprehensive combination of protein to aid both during a workout and in recovery. Reflex's 3D protein contains 360kcal, 80g of protein, 6.5g of carbs (just 0.4g sugars) and 1.6g of fat per 100g. Technically it sounded wonderful, but let's be frank: it's got to taste good too. 



And it does. It doesn't have a super rich chocolate flavour, but it's pretty damn tasty. Given the graduated release of the protein in this powder, I tend to use it in my proats before a workout. 




I've also mixed with it skyr and enjoyed it semi-frozen on hot days and used it to make cakes to munch before bed too. In fact, I've had many people asking how I make my mug cakes, so here's the recipe -which is a slight amendment to the one that Nat gave me (thanks Nat).

Protein Mug Cake Recipe

  • 25g Reflex 3D protein
  • 10g Coconut Flour
  • 1 egg white
  • 1/2tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp Xantham gum
  • 50ml milk (I use dairy but I imagine that almond would also work)
  • A splash of chocolate salted caramel Jordan's skinny syrups.
Simply mix all of the above in a mug/bowl and microwave for 70ish seconds (I have to do it by eye as my microwave doesn't have a digital timer). Then top it with whatever you heart desires... or your macros allow!


9/10

A huge thank you to Reflex for the protein! 3D protein is available from Reflex's website, CNSport and most good sports nutrition retailers.


No comments:

Post a Comment