Saturday 26 December 2015

Bourbon Biscuit Ice Cream Sandwiches from ASDA

Living in the back & beyond it sometimes takes new products a while to reach us, although granted it doesn't normally take 6 months. ASDA's range of biscuit inspired ice creams have finally arrived in my little city, hurrah! I told my other half about the range way back in June, and although he rarely gets excited about food (I do enough of that for the both of us) he was really eager to try the Bourbon Ice Creams. Two seasons later he was a little more nonplussed, but I bought them anyway and hoped that ASDA would deliver upon our high expectations.



As far as supermarket own brand ice creams go, they're quite pricey at £2 for a box of six. The 'biscuits' are quite dinky, and so we figured that two is a more reasonable adult portion.



The biscuits tasted rich and cocoa-y, and actually bared a genuine resemblance their tea-dunking counterparts. Now don't get me wrong, they haven't got the snap that's a key factor of a good biscuit, but I didn't expect them too. They're soft and chewy which renders them more cookie-esque, but as we all know cookies-and-ice cream is a classic combination that needn't be messed with. The ice cream centre is chocolatey, but not in a dark intense way, more like a creamy chocolate milkshake... Mmm!

When it comes to this kind of product, I still prefer the Walls Gingerbread Ice Cream Sandwiches (especially as they're only currently £1 for a four-pack at Farmfoods!), however these are a cute idea that I'd have again in future.

8/10


No comments:

Post a Comment