Saturday 30 January 2016

Wawerl Maciek Adwokat *Milk Chocolate with Advocaat Filling* (Tesco)

Our local Tesco Express store has just introduced a Polish section. I'm embarrased to admit it, but whilst I am all over the American section in the bigger Tesco, I've given the Polish section a wide berth until now. In fact, I probably wouldn't have given it a second glance if it wasn't for One Treat's Worldie Wednesdays thankfully opening my eyes to the plethora of good quality European (and beyond!) chocolate. Nibbles 'N' Scribbles also recently reviewed the E.Wedel Creme Brulee Bar with resounding success. So, its thanks to these ladies that I bought this Wawel Advocaat filled milk chocolate bar (and I might add, for a very reasonable 39p). 



Advocaat will always hold a very special place in my heart due to my other half choosing to propose three Christmas Days ago whilst I was sipping a Snowball cocktail -glamorously dressed in my PJs. Snowball cocktails were a staple part of our Christmas Festivities growing up, and although its now January, who says its too late to enjoy the traditionally festive spirit in chocolate form?



The bar consisted of 6 square shaped segments, which once broken revealed a gooey, fondant style centre. The Advocaat filling had a paste-like consistency, slightly thicker than the middle of a Creme Egg. It tasted slightly alcoholic, but in a standard Christmas-selection-box-truffle sort of way. The milk chocolate wasn't half bad. It wasn't very thick, which meant it was almost lost against the sugary filling, but I used the chocolate as a scoop to eat the centre separately so I could savour it until last. It was no dairy milk, but it was of a far superior quality to what I was expecting. 



All in all, this was an unusual bar. The boozy element gave it a slightly naughty edge, and as such I can imagine eating this at my desk on a Friday afternoon after a hard week with the Weekend beckoning. If you like liqueur chocolates (or you're after a cheap chocolate bar!) then I recommend giving the Wawel Maciek Adwokat Bar a try. 

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment