Tuesday 2 February 2016

NEW! Kellogg's 5 Grain Muesli Bars: Red Apple, Peanut & Pumpkin Seed (Morrisons)

Having enjoyed the new Kellogg's Chocolate & Nuts Muesli Bars, I returned to Morrisons in order to stock up whilst they are half price. I reached the cereal bar section, and pondered over whether to try their 'healthier' cousin -the apple, peanut & pumpkin muesli bars. I do like all of the components, they just hadn't caught my eye due to their lack of cocoa content. At £1.24 for the pack of four, I gave them the benefit of the doubt.



'Oats, wheat, barley, rye and triticale bar with dried apple, peanuts, pumpkin and sunflower seeds'

Now I have to admit, that without the chocolate chips, these bars looked far less enticing. The most dominent scent came from the peanuts, although they weren't particularly obvious to the naked eye.

 Texturally, these muesli bars were tough, gritty and slightly sticky. All of the flavours were very mild, and I found the bars utterly bland. It wasn't until I was half way through that it dawned on me just how close it would be to eating rabbit food. The smell of the pumpkin seeds had brought memories of feeding my pet as a child, and it was a realisation I couldn't shake.


I'm afraid that due the lack of chocolate (or any other flavours for that matter) the new Kellogg's Apple & Pumpkin Seeds Muesli Bars won't be a repeat purchase. 

2/10

No comments:

Post a Comment