Monday 1 February 2016

Rhythm 108 Apple Pie Dessert Bar (Amazon)

Have you heard of Rhythm 108? If you haven't, then not to worry, neither had I until December. I was reading a magazine article comparing various energy bars, which lauded the benefits of Rhythm 108, a company who produce delicious sounding, good-for-you dessert style bars. All of their products are made entirely of high quality natural ingredients, contain no added sugars or syrups, are naturally gluten free and count as one of your five a day. I've since been in contact with the company who kindly offered to send me a sample of their entire range to review, and so each week I'll be reviewing one of their five flavours. First up is Apple Pie...



The Apple Pie bar consists of: two dates, four almonds, a whole apple, 1/2 glass of milk, 1/2 teaspoon amaranth, pinch of cinnamon and three drops of apple cider vinegar. It is designed to be heated up, and so once unwrapped, I popped it in the microwave for 30 seconds. It was firm to the touch, but it wasn't dry, and had a far moister texture than any other health bar I've ever tried. It also had a good crunch coming from the chunky nuts dotted throughout, which provided a lovely contrast against the otherwise smooth bar. 



The taste was convincingly similar to the centre of a home-made apple pie, the apple and cinnamon worked in perfect harmony, with a natural flavour that I simply wouldn't expect from a healthy, long-life energy product. I enjoyed mine with greek yogurt, resulting in a delicious dessert treat that tasted much naughtier than it was.



If you like the sound of this bar and would like to try it for yourself, you can buy them from 'The Natural Kitchen' or Heartcore Fitness in London, otherwise they are available for order from the Rhythm 108 Amazon Shop. I certainly can't wait to dig in to their other flavours! Thanks Rhythm 108!

9/10



No comments:

Post a Comment