Friday 11 March 2016

Hershey's Zero Bar (American Fizz)

Today's review is of another American classic candy bar made by Hershey's: their Zero Bar. I know Hershey's often gets a bit of a bad rap, but I love the company -and their products even more so. After all, without Hershey's there would be no Reese's -and lord knows I'd be a grumpier cow without Reese's! If you've been reading my blog for a while, you might remember that I have also reviewed (and lauded the praises of) Hershey's almighty 'Take 5' bar, so it felt only natural to buy their Zero bar when placing my American Fizz order.


'Caramel, peanut and almond nougat covered with delicious white fudge.'

As you can see, the bar was a stark white number with rippled coating. Slicing into it uncovered the layer of caramel, beneath which was the peanut studded nougat. 


The fudge coating was just as expected, adding little to the bar other than playing the role of binding material to hold the bar together. It has to be admitted that I enjoyed it's sweetness, and the fact it's a different flavour than we have with any of the UK bars
.

The caramel layer was soft and chewy, although it was probably more solid than normal as it had been stored in my fridge. The caramel worked well with the nougat underneath, which was fudge-like and reminded me of the centre of a Mars bar. There was added crunchiness thanks to the peanuts dotted about, which made the Zero all the more texturally interesting to eat. 

It's another winning combination from Hershey's. The Zero bar is super sweet (it contains 30g of sugar after all) so perhaps it's one to avoid giving the kids; instead keep it for yourself to help with that mid-afternoon energy slump!

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment