Thursday 21 April 2016

NEW! Gold Edition Müller Corner (Tesco)

It's been a while since I last reviewed a Müller corner, and the last one was rather special. I always look forward to the company's regular releases, so I was pleased to discover their latest selection of gold, Olympic themed yogurts. There are two flavours available in a multi-pack (which Katherine from Grocery Gems reviewed last month) and one single serve pot:


"Toffee shortbread flavour yogurt with milk chocolate coated & decorated digestives."

Toffee has to be one of my favourite yogurt flavours, so I was looking forward to trying this new addition to Müller's range. 

I was shocked to see how few gold digestive balls there were when I pulled back the lid. It's been a while since I last had a crunch corner, but I'm sure that they're usually more full than this? With no exaggeration the partition was less than 1/2 full -how disappointing Müller.



The yogurt tasted rather odd. I don't buy Müller Lights very often because I'm not keen on the gelatinous texture or artificial taste, and it's something I've never experienced that with their full-fat range before. The jelly-like consistency was off-putting, but the taste didn't pull it back either. Sure there was a strong toffee flavour, but it was followed by an unusual synthentic sweetener aftertaste that ruined the yogurt. What have you done Müller?

The saving grace came from the meagre supply of chocolate digestive balls. They looked rather stunning with their golden dusting, which was very similar to the coating of Galaxy's golden eggs. Thankfully they were crunchy with a well-rounded biscuit flavour, and would have much rather a pot of them on their own -without the distasteful yogurt.

As you may have gathered, I'm really not a fan of the new Gold Edition Müller Corner, and won't be buying it again. Have you tried it yet? What do you think?

4/10

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Leslie, I really appreciate your kind words, thank you.

    ReplyDelete