Monday 26 December 2016

Easy Peasy Speculoos No-Bake Cheesecake Recipe

Happy Boxing Day you lovely lot! Fingers crossed you had a somewhat enjoyable Christmas day, and I hope at least some of you woke up with a stinking hangover but a big smile on your face like I did. Admittedly our day was almost a disaster when I forgot to serve up the pigs-in-blankets, but fortunately I remembered them whilst we were all still eating and they hadn't turned to charcoal in the process. 

Of course every family have their own traditions, and in the (almost) 9 years that Bert and I have been together we've formed our own little rituals: there's the Christmas Eve PJs (passed down from my family), the no presents until after lunch rule (his family -that one took some getting used to) and the homemade Christmas cheesecake (my own tradition). For the past 6-7 years I've religiously made said cheesecake on Christmas Eve as an alternative to the Christmas pud, and every year it changes, but it always ticks two boxes: very chocolatey & very boozy. 

Poor Bert isn't the biggest chocoholic (hence why we're such a good team, he never raids my chocolate stash) and is tee-total.  He also hates Xmas pud, but has obligingly munched his way through years of cheesecakes including white chocolate & Baileys, dark chocolate & Cointreau and milk chocolate & Amaretto. This year though I decided to make a cheesecake based on what he loves (especially after the Mince Pie Danish debacle) so opted for a Biscoff inspired cheesecake. I popped a pic of it up on Christmas Day and received so many requests for the extremely simple recipe that I thought I'd make a change from my normal review posts to pop it up... 



N.B I can't take credit for this recipe as it's a very slight amendment from Jane's Pattiserie's, which can be found here.

Makes 8 individual Gu ramekins- but can be easily amended to suit.

Ingredients: 

Biscuit Base
  •  110g Digestive Biscuits
  •  110g Lotus Caramelised Biscuits
  •  110g Butter
Cheesecake Filling
  • 360g Philadelphia Cream Cheese
  • 2 tsp Caramel flavouring (I used Dr Oetker's)
  • 70g Icing sugar
  •  200ml Double Cream
  • 190g Crunchy Biscoff Spread/ Favorina Spiced Biscuit Spread
To Decorate
  • Lotus Caramelised Biscuits
Method
  1. Melt the butter in the microwave (10-20 secs should do it)
  2. Blitz the biscuits into fine crumbs using a blender/food processor, and mix in the melted butter. Press into 8 ramekins.
  3. Whip together the cream cheese, caramel flavouring, icing sugar and Biscoff until smooth using an electric whisk.
  4. Add the cream and whisk slowly until thick enough to stay on an upturned spoon. 
  5. Spread the mixture over the bases and chill in the fridge until you can't resist their call!
  6. When serving, pop 1/2 a Lotus biscuit on top
Et voila! Simples... 





No comments:

Post a Comment