Thursday 5 January 2017

Grenade Carb Killa Banana Armour (CNSport)

If you're into fitness and supplements there's no doubt you'll be au fait with Grenade's Carb Killa bar range. The company is going from strength to strength and in the last few months Grenade have extended the line with a whole host of new flavours. In fact just today they launched their new bar: Peanut Nutter. Who else is crazy excited? I know I've been dying for them to bring out a bar flavoured with my favourite foodstuff for ageeeees. In the meantime, I thought I'd write up a review of their recently released Banana Armour flavour.

"High protein bar with a banana flavoured centre and caramel layer coated in milk chocolate with sweeteners."

Only yesterday I mentioned about my love of chocolate (spread) with banana, so this was a bar that I was particularly eager to get my chops around. In fact poor Conor (of CN Sport) had to put up with my daily pestering for a good few weeks whilst he tried to locate stock of them in the U.K. 

For those of you who aren't familiar with Carb Killas, I'll fill you in. Quite frankly they are the undisputed kings of delicious protein bars. Despite tasting more like chocolate bars, they contain a high protein content (at least 22g per bar) and pretty low carbs (the highest carb content is in the White Chocolate Mocha, which contains 15.3g per 60g bar). Pop a Carb Killa in the microwave until it starts to melt and you've got a treat that will rival most  -and beat some- high st chocolate bars.



In usual Carb Killa fashion, the bar comprised of three distinct layers: the chewy but soft protein base filled with soy crispies, topped with the gooey caramel and surrounded with chocolate. So far my favourite Carb Killas have been the white chocolate ones, so I was eager to see how this compared. 

As with the other bars in the range, this was a bar that was soft enough to eat at ambient temperature, but became oh-so indulgent when melted. The banana flavour was strong but artificial, in a foam-banana kind of way, however I love the sweets so enjoyed the taste! The chocolate was pretty good, although the white chocolate still reigns supreme in my eyes. As for the caramel, it was as good as it is in all of Grenade's bars -chewy and sweet- despite the lack of sugar. I always enjoy the crunchiness of the Carb Killas, and of course this was no different. 



Another winning bar from the guys at Grenade, now to find a Peanut Nutter bar or 10!

9/10

Banana Armour Macros: 217kcal P:22.7/ C14.8/ F8.3

No comments:

Post a Comment